To find out how our Alabama car accident lawyer can help you, contact our office in Birmingham. An attorney from Lanny Vines & Associates, LLC will respond to your inquiry shortly.

PO BOX 361138
Birmingham, Alabama 35236-1138

Ph. (205) 933-1277

If you would like to receive the Lanny Vines Litigation Group quarterly newsletter, fill out the form below and click "Subscribe".

To unsubscribe:
Send an email to with the subject "Unsubscribe Newsletter" and the email address you wish to unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Alabama Car Accident Lawyer – Attorney Lanny Vines Answers FAQs

Being involved in an auto accident can be a trying experience.  Persons who are injured suddenly have unexpected medical bills to deal with, along with lost wages and other expenses.  Alabama car accident attorney Lanny Vines has litigated all types of auto accident cases, including those involving multiple vehicles and drunk drivers.  If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident and has sustained serious injuries, or has incurred lost wages, medical bills, or other expenses, a lawyer from our firm can help you better understand your case and determine whether you are eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.  Contact Alabama car accident lawyer Lanny Vines for a free initial review of your personal injury case.

What constitutes pain and suffering in a civil suit?

Pain and suffering refers to the physical and/or mental distress that is caused by an injury.  Persons injured in car accidents may be entitled to receive compensation for pain and suffering based on several factors, including:

  • Age at the time of injury
  • Income before and after injury
  • Lifestyle
  • Pre-existing injuries
  • Medical needs 

If you have been injured in Alabama in a car accident, a lawyer from Lanny Vines & Associates, LLC can help you understand your personal injury case in greater detail.  Contact attorney Vines today to find out whether you are entitled to receive compensation for pain and suffering.

back to top

Who is responsible for paying my medical bills?

The insurance company of the driver who is at fault for the accident is typically responsible for paying any medical bills that you may accrue as a result of being involved in an accident. 

back to top

How much compensation am I entitled to receive?

The amount of compensation you are entitled to receive depends on several factors, including:

  • The severity of your accident
  • The extent of your injuries
  • Whether drugs and alcohol were a factor
  • Whether traffic laws were being obeyed

After reviewing the specifics of your personal injury case, Alabama-based car accident attorney Lanny Vines can estimate how much compensation you may be entitled to collect from insurance companies.

back to top

How long will it take to settle my case?

The time it takes for your case to be settled will depend on several things.  The type of case, extent of injuries, cost of medical bills, and cooperation of the insurance companies are all factors that may affect the timeline of a case.  To speak with Lanny Vines about the specifics of your case, don't hesitate to contact our office in Alabama today.  Our car accident lawyer will discuss a timeline with you at this time.    

back to top

Should I sign a waiver allowing the insurance company to gain access to my medical records?

After an auto accident, many insurance companies will ask you to sign a medical release form.  Signing this form gives the insurance company access to your medical history.  While it is important for them to know the extent and scope of the injuries that you sustained as a result of your accident, many insurance companies will review your lifelong medical records.  They can then use these records to develop a defense to get out of paying your medical expenses.  For this reason, our car accident attorney does not advise you to sign a medical release form for the insurance company.  Mr. Vines will make sure that the insurance company has all of the medical records relating to your accident so that you can be compensated for your injuries.   

back to top

Should I see a doctor even if I don't think I've been injured?

If you have been involved in an auto accident, it is a good idea to see a doctor even if you don't think you've been injured.  A doctor can help you determine whether you have soft tissue damage and will work with your car accident lawyer and insurance company to develop a comprehensive treatment protocol for treating your injuries.

back to top

The insurance company seems to be cooperating—do I still need a lawyer?

Many times, insurance companies will seem like they are cooperating with a policy holder after an accident.  Insurance companies know that many people who have been involved in accidents will not seek legal representation unless their injuries are severe.  However, contacting a car accident attorney in a timely manner can be crucial to your case.  Having a lawyer on your side from the beginning can make the difference between a low-ball offer and a comprehensive monetary settlement. 

back to top

Contact Lanny Vines & Associates, LLC in Alabama to Speak with a Car Accident Lawyer

If you have been injured in an auto accident in Alabama, a car accident lawyer from our firm can help you obtain compensation for your injuries. Attorney Lanny Vines has experience litigating all types of personal injury cases, and is prepared to hold negligent drivers and insurance companies responsible for their careless actions.  For a free initial review of your car accident or other personal injury case, don't hesitate to contact Lanny Vines & Associates, LLC today.

back to top